Junior Auditor - Brussels (Sector Focus: Industries)1331162BEL-Diegem
Assurance professionals play a vital role in the economy by providing companies, investors and regulators with expert, independent advice about the validity of financial statements and other critical information or processes. We work closely with our clients, analyzing their business, understanding their strengths and weaknesses, identifying areas requiring improvement and we employ that knowledge to create added value for our clients using the latest audit technology.
As an auditor at EY, your main aim will be to provide independent verification of our clients' compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protecting financial markets.
Our audit teams work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies, as well as with family-owned businesses and startups active in a variety of industries (included but not limited to automotive, government and public sector, consumer products, media and entertainment, oil and gas, power and utilities and technology). The audit process is usually organized into 2 phases:
Interim Audit Phase
- Understand the client's business
- Interview clients & analyze business processes
- Identify & asses risks and their potential influence on financial statements
- Internal control
Final Audit Phase
- Audit of accounting & financial reporting information
- Analyze financial statements
- Using our EY Audit methodology
- Make an informed decision about the validity of financial statements
- Inventory stocks to validate inventory quantities
We recruit and develop auditors with intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills and creativity, and attention to detail that allow us to look beyond the numbers and help our clients to address complex problems. More concretely, we are looking for the following profiles:
- You will graduate this year as:
- Master in (Applied) Economics, Business Engineering or Commercial Sciences
- Bachelor Accountancy – Taxation
- Non–Economic Master and you are highly motivated and eager to start your career in a financial audit environment
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English;
- You are a born team player with a healthy sense of autonomy, critical, curious and results-oriented;
- You have an analytical mindset, you are client-oriented and stress-resistant;
- You are willing to follow trainings in order to become a licensed auditor (IBR – IRE);
- You are available to start in October 2023.
- You will graduate this year as:
What working at EY offers
- Extensive training- and grow opportunities, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- An attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: low emission hybrid company car with fuel card, health insurance, pension plan);
- Flexible working arrangements where we help you achieve a healthy work-life balance;
- An environment that has won the Great place to work award;
- A supportive network through mentorship and buddy programs;
- An inclusive environment regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. At EY, the spotlight is on our people. This is what makes us different and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
Curious to know more? Discover more information and testimonials here: Audit at EY - EY Careers.