Junior Internal Audit Consultant - Brussels (sector focus: Financial Services)356802BEL-Diegem
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
With this breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
At EY, we have a growing Internal Audit practice: our dedicated professionals work with prestigious financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, asset management), helping them to identify and evaluate risks they are facing in their day-to-day activities as well as in their strategic initiatives. For this team, we are looking for a motivated junior consultant to join us.
The matters we cover
We help our clients to identify and evaluate risks they are facing in their day-to-day business activities as well as strategic initiatives. The following are examples of topics and questions we assist our clients with:
• What are the issues the organization is facing while having implemented the agile way of working ?
• Are external suppliers (e.g. payroll) monitored from the selection until the termination of the contract ?
• Are invoices sent timely and accurately to the customers ?
• Are the organizations’ payment systems secured and meeting the customer’s needs ?
• Are the new technologies (artificial intelligence, robotics, etc.) in place to support the client’s strategy ?
• Is personal data protected from intrusions and external attacks?
Your key responsibilities
• Understand the client’s key business activities and use this information to determine the risks they are facing, in collaboration with the internal audit team
• Establish structured review methods for the key topics identified in scope of the audit
• Evaluate the financial and operational processes and activities at all levels of the organization.
• Review the suitability of these processes and assess their compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
• Write reports to be delivered to the client’s C-suite and its stakeholders
• As a member of the team, help to create a positive learning culture.
Who are we looking for?
• Bachelor or Master Degree in (Applied) Economics, Commercial Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Accountancy or Commercial Sciences, Information Management...
• Ability to perform effective research and convey complex topics in a clear, understandable manner
• Fluency in Dutch and/or French, with proficient level of business English
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
• An analytical mind and an eye for detail, with accurate documentation capabilities
• Eager to learn more about the Financial Services market in Belgium and beyond.
What’s in it for you?
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Consulting, Tax, Strategy and Assurance.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.