Junior Consultant Financial Accounting and Reporting under IFRS - Brussels - 20221075887BEL-Diegem
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
With this breadth of service offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
As a junior consultant you will become part of our FAAS (Financial Accounting Advisory Services) department. Within this department we are looking for a profile who is committed to become an expert in the area of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and consolidation. This entails that you will be part of a motivated team working on IFRS conversions, financial reporting, consolidation, accounting analysis, carve-out financials, etc.
Your key responsibilities
Next to your work as an intern within FAAS, you will also work as an audit intern of industrial companies. In this position, you will work in teams in order to provide independent verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles.
Our FAAS and audit teams work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies, as well as with family-owned businesses active in a variety of industries (included, but not limited to power and utilities, chemistry, technology, media and entertainment, etc.)
We are looking for students who have an intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills and attention to details to become part of our team. More concretely, we are looking for the following profiles:
- You will graduate this year as a Master in (Applied) Economics, Business Engineering or Commercial Sciences with possibly a thesis in the area relevant for the work we are delivering (IFRS or consolidation);
- You have an understanding of, or at least, an interest in IFRS and/or consolidation;
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have a good written and spoken knowledge of English;
- You are a critical, curious and results-oriented team player.
- You will join a young, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
- We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- We will support you to “learn on the job” from more experienced professionals in our team, who take on a coaching and mentoring role;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a work-life balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.