USA - Consulting - Technology Risk - Intern - Summer 20241353861AR-Rogers, AZ-Phoenix, CA-Irvine, CA-Los Angeles, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, CO-Denver, CT-Stamford, FL-Boca Raton, FL-Jacksonville, FL-Miami, FL-Orlando, FL-Tampa, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, IN-Indianapolis, KY-Louisville, MA-Boston, MD-Baltimore, MI-Detroit, MI-Grand Rapids, MN-Minneapolis, MO-Kansas City, MO-St. Louis, NC-Charlotte, NC-Raleigh, NJ-Hoboken, NJ-Iselin, NV-Las Vegas, NY-Buffalo, NY-Jericho, NY-New York, NY-Rochester, OH-Cincinnati, OH-Cleveland, OH-Toledo, OK-Tulsa, OR-Portland, PA-Philadelphia, PA-Pittsburgh, TN-Memphis, TN-Nashville, TX-Austin, TX-Dallas, TX-Houston, TX-San Antonio, UT-Salt Lake City, VA-McLean, VA-Richmond, WA-Seattle, WI-Milwaukee
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY offers a variety of career paths and opportunities, and with so many options, we understand it can be hard to choose. To have the best candidate experience, we encourage you to apply to no more than 2 positions within a 6-month period.
To learn more about career opportunities, visit Careers at EY (https://www.ey.com/en_us/careers). Prior to completing your application, please be diligent in reviewing the job description to ensure you meet the qualifications for the position.
If we are unable to consider you for this particular position, a recruiter may contact you to gauge your interest in other opportunities at EY.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and, in the future, – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits.
Consulting - Technology Risk - Intern
At EY Consulting, we are building a better working world by transforming businesses through the power of people, technology and innovation. Our clients are at the heart of what we do. We’re focused on solving the key issues of our client buyers, building deeper relationships and making a greater impact with long-term value. Specifically, within our Technology Risk track, you will help clients in employing proper information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. You can expect to work with your clients to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems controls facilitating the Company’s business processes.
We focus on a variety of industries including but not limited to:
- Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility, Power & Utilities, Health Sciences & Wellness, Consumer, and Technology, Media & Entertainment, Telecommunications. You will have exposure to clients in a variety of these industries.
- Candidates can elect to join the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice and will work exclusively with federal clients, as well as state and local agencies and higher education institutions.
- Candidates can elect to join the Financial Services Organization (FSO) and will focus exclusively on financial services; they will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers.
Whether you choose to join GPS, FSO, or pursue a broader industry focus, you will gain foundational skills for a long career.
Your key responsibilities
- Growing lasting relationships with our clients and understanding their unique ambitions and needs to deliver reliable, tailored advice
- Understanding and documenting clients’ business and IT processes, risks, and controls
- Performing control documentation and testing through review of client evidence and interviews
- Using knowledge of the current IT environment to identify the engagement and client service issues, perform root cause analysis, and communicate this information to the engagement team through written correspondence and verbal presentations
- Collaborating with members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, assign responsibilities for key tasks and prepare other planning documents
- Taking full responsibility for tasks including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality deliverables, while working under supervision
- Assisting team management with project planning, documenting audit walkthrough and testing results, as well as finalizing client deliverables
- Monitoring and managing project progress and risks, and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Coordinating with clients to obtain and review necessary engagement artifacts
- Creating flowcharts and process documentation for financially relevant processes
- Documenting and testing controls, as well as reviewing evidence provided by the client
- Performing common work assignments and projects including, but not limited to: System and Organization Controls (“SOC”) reports, third-party risk assessments, IT risk and control framework design and assessments of automated and IT General Controls (ITGCs) as part of SOX and Financial Statement audits
- Developing executive presentations to update key stakeholders on project status
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance or Management or a related discipline
- Desire to work in consulting and IT audit as demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience
- Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Integrity within a professional environment
- The understanding that travel is an essential function of the job, may vary by location and can range between 60-80%
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Access to reliable transportation to/from the EY office and client sites. A driver’s license is strongly recommended as ride share and public transportation options may not be available in all locations.
- Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector focus must have
- U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in person.
EY complies with all local laws and regulations. You can find more information here.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at Customer Support.