Internship Data Engineer (Sector focus: Financial Services)1455712BEL-Diegem
Are you passionate about data and innovation? Do you want to work on cutting-edge technologies and solutions for the financial sector? If yes, then this internship is for you!
We are looking for a data engineer intern to join our team and help us develop a demo data platform that leverages Data Fabric and Data mesh architecture principles. You will be working with experienced data engineers and architects to design, implement, and test data pipelines, services, and applications that leverage the latest trends in data management and analytics. This internship is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in data engineering and learn from experts in the field. You will also have the chance to showcase your creativity and innovation by developing this demo data platform that can solve real-world problems for the financial sector.
Your key responsibilities
- Learn about Data Fabric and data mesh concepts and principles
- Use Microsoft Azure Data services and tools to build scalable and reliable data solutions
- Collaborate with colleagues and mentors to share knowledge, feedback, and ideas, and build the data platform, adhering to best practices and industry standards
- Develop data pipelines to integrate various data sources, ensuring data quality, consistency, and reliability
- Design and implement data models that facilitate efficient data access, storage, and analysis within the platform
- Present your work and findings to stakeholders
- Create detailed documentation for data platform components, data flows, and processes to facilitate knowledge transfer
Who are we looking for?
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Data Engineering or related fields
- Have some experience or interest in data engineering, data science, or data analysis
- Familiarity with Data Fabric and data mesh architecture is a plus
- Have basic knowledge of Python, SQL, and Microsoft Azure
- Have basic knowledge of data integration tools and technologies (e.g., Apache Kafka, Apache Flink)
- Have familiarity with cloud computing platforms, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Have good communication and team work skills
- Be eager to learn new skills and technologies
What's in it for you?
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Consulting, Tax, Strategy and Assurance.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.