Junior / Intern Actuarial Consultant (sector focus: Financial Services)1337490BEL-Diegem
Joining EY as a Junior Actuarial Consultant / Intern Actuary is joining a dynamic and market leading team that is passionate about what they do. We support you in developing your knowledge and help you to become an expert in your field. We offer you the chance to collaborate closely with colleagues who have a different field of expertise within EY. You will work within an international context, deal with different clients and projects, build a solid technical knowledge and be encouraged to develop your soft skills.
Our consultants work on the most relevant topics in the industry, such as:
- Assignments in pricing and product development
- Risk and capital modelling/optimization
- Valuation of liabilities under IFRS/BEGAAP/Solvency II
- MCEV calculations and review
- Acting as the actuarial function
- Developing and optimizing reinsurance mechanisms
- Predictive modelling and visualization
- Valuation and advice related to pension and employee benefits matters
- Assisting in due diligence with respect to actuarial aspects
And much more!
Your key responsibilities
- You draft reports and schedules to be delivered to clients and other parties
- You support more senior colleagues in the delivery of client engagements
- You act as a team member, collaborate with your colleagues, and update more senior team members on progress
- You display maturity and the ability to function independently in our professional dealings
Who are we looking for?
- (Pursuing) a Master's degree in Actuarial Science
- Interested to start your career in an actuarial-oriented position
- Fluency in Dutch and/or French, with proficient level of business English
- Good communication skills
- Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
- A global mindset, and the drive to work in international teams!
What’s in it for you?
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Consulting, Tax, Strategy and Assurance.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.