Assurance - Intern1235421IND-Bengaluru
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Intern - AMS, EY GDS Assurance
Who we are:
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Advisory, Tax, Transaction advisory services (TAS) and Knowledge services. Worldwide, our 200,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders.
About EY’s Global Delivery Services (“GDS”):
Global Delivery Services (GDS) consists of various service delivery centres from which our Client Service and Enablement Services teams operate to deliver strategic support to our EY member firms. Since 2001 EY has grown by over 100,000 people and seen tremendous change and globalization, and GDS has always grown, evolved and adapted along with EY itself.
GDS is one of EY’s greatest global assets with 22,000 smart, dedicated and incredibly responsive people in five countries around the world. It plays an important role in EY’s growth strategy by providing efficient and effective support to our service lines and enablement functions.
GDS spans all geographies, practices, services lines, sectors and competencies within EY to deliver deeply integrated services that result in efficient and world-class solutions.
About GDS Assurance:
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) Assurance practice supports global EY client-serving teams with their reviews across industry sectors, including financial services, manufacturing and technology, among others. Through the right multidisciplinary team of professionals with the sector knowledge and subject matter expertise, EY GDS Assurance enables EY client teams in over 30 countries to help world’s leading companies meet their assurance requirements.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist engagement teams with various processes, such as multi-location coordination, engagement economics, confirmations, project and database management
- Maintain and update global engagement team databases and contact lists as appropriate
- Collate relevant client information from publicly available databases and communicate it to the team via firm publication and databases
- Assuming responsibility for all work and ensuring that the work is reviewed thoroughly before the output is sent out as per the deadline
- Accurately identifying problems, exceptions and ensuring that the regional engagement team has been informed about them in a timely manner
- Work proactively and respond to regional stakeholders
- Attend and participate in weekly or Biweekly calls with the regional counterparts and share progress and status updates
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the teams by having an open and honest communication
- Proactively reaching out to the teams soliciting feedback for the work and taking appropriate action
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Pursuing Graduation degree (B.Com. preferred)
- Confident and outgoing individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and ensure that work is of a consistently high standard
- Ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, prioritize projects, and follow up on routine tasks diligently
- Ability to communicate with leaders and peers with ease
- Plan ahead and anticipate potential issues before they arise
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.