Tax, External Training Intern, Kenya1016641KEN-Nairobi
EY Kenya Tax Service line builds a better working world by bringing together clients and non-clients to sensitize them on current tax matters affecting their business to ensure compliance and reduce tax risks. It does this by organizing various trainings throughout the year which are aimed at imparting knowledge and encouraging discussions on how to improve the tax policy landscape.
We are looking for training intern to support the trainings scheduled in the course of the year.
Your key responsibilities
The work mainly involves working with the training team by carrying out the following roles: -
- Preparation of training materials for trainings scheduled in the EY Tax Training Calendar for 2022
- Assist in calling various potential participants to confirm their attendance
- Logistical preparations for the various trainings
- Any other duties assigned to them in the course of their internship
Skills and attributes for success
How your skills and experience will make an impact, followed by sub-headings:
To qualify for the role, you must have: -
- A Bachelor’s degree in either Economics/Business/Finance or a related field with a minimum of upper second-class honours or its equivalent.
- A minimum overall grade of a B in KCSE and B in both English & Mathematics
- Experience working in business development, marketing, call centre or related experience
- Preferable but not required – accounting and/or tax experience
What we look for
A person who is:
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and work independently
- Attentive to detail
- Agile and curious to learn
- Discrete & Honest
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. You will have the flexibility and freedom to outline and manage your work plan and therefore have complete ownership of your role. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and continuous professional career development and initiatives designed to promote your personal and social well-being. These include:
- support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around;
- opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career; and
- the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy and Transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, apply now. Submit your CV in support of your academic and professional qualifications by 13th June 2022