Junior Auditor - Brussels - October 2022 (sector focus: Financial Services)346281BEL-Diegem
Assurance professionals play a vital role in the economy by providing companies, investors and regulators with expert, independent advice about the validity of financial statements and other critical information or processes. We are looking for talented, capable junior professionals to join our Assurance team and get involved in fieldwork on a daily basis, participating to various audit engagements for our clients in the financial sector (banking, insurance, asset management).
Your key responsibilities
- During the first phase of the audit, called the interim audit phase, your main task will be to understand the client’s business. You will interview clients to analyze and assess their business processes to identify and assess the risks inherent/specific to the client’s business and their potential influence on the financial statements, and assess the client’s internal controls.
- The second phase, called the final audit phase, is focused on the audit of accounting and financial reporting information. You will analyze financial statements using our audit methodology and the information gained during the interim audit phase. You will collect information in order to make an informed decision about the validity of financial statement accounts, such as accounts receivable, cash & banks, fixed assets, revenue, expenditures, etc.
- You work in a team environment and by sharing knowledge, ideas and providing solutions you bring added value to our clients.
- You track down and escalate financial & accounting risks and operational vulnerabilities.
Who are we looking for?
- We recruit and develop auditors with intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills and creativity, and attention to detail that allow us to look beyond the numbers and help our clients to address complex problems. More concretely, we are looking for the following profiles:
- You will graduate this year as a Bachelor or Master in (Applied) Economics, Commercial Engineering or Commercial Science
- We are also looking to hire non-economic masters, who are highly motivated and eager to apply their non-economic master in a financial audit environment. We will promote additional economic & financial courses that should enable these non-economic masters to benefit to a maximum extend from this unique experience of working at EY.
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English
- You are a born team player, critical, curious and results-oriented
- You are willing to follow trainings in order to become a licensed auditor (IBR – IRE).
- You are available to start in October 2021
What's in it for you?
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Consulting, Tax, Strategy and Assurance.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.