Analyst - Tax - National - ECG - New Delhi546341IND-New Delhi
EY is looking for Analyst in the Direct Tax team.
Your key responsibilities
Your main objective is to help the Tax team deliver quality products using general tax knowledge gained from training or education and assistance from more experienced tax professionals. Contribute to the profitable growth by ensuring client engagements are executed in an efficient manner.
• Assist the seniors in replying to queries raised by Foreign Institutional Investors (FII
clients) on issues such as capital gains computation, trades reconciliation, tax payments,
return of income, etc.
• Checking capital gains tax computations for trades in securities undertaken by FII clients
• Assist in preparing the income-tax return for FII clients
• Undertaking technical research on the income-tax provisions impacting the taxation of FII
• Preparing submissions in relation to assessment and appellate proceedings in the case of
FII clients and support the seniors in appearing before the income-tax authorities
• Appearing before the income-tax authorities on routine matters concerning the FII clients
• Support in handling administrative responsibilities for the FII clients allocated to you such
as engagement letters, internal QRM, filing of client papers, billing follow-up, etc.
Conduct the engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with client expectations and as defined by the terms and conditions of the contract
• Exhibit positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn.
• Work constructively with team to evaluate and improve personal and team performance.
• Contribute and leverage knowledge from individuals, databases and other sources.
• Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client
• Participate in executing work within a group by assisting by delivering work effectively,
and teaming with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions.
• Ensure that the areas of work assigned are executed in accordance with the work
programme and the firm’s methodologies and guidance, and professional standards.
• Use electronic working papers, efficiently including various software applications and
sources of knowledge in an appropriate manner to conduct research.
• Acquire and demonstrate competence in technical knowledge, and compliance process
by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them
to moderately complex situations.
• Analyze and convert data into a tax product (advisory/compliance) and ensure accuracy
and timeliness of the product.
2 FY 2019
• Where applicable thoroughly check documents and make available for tax inspections in
an appropriate manner.
• Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by
maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work
Skills and attributes for success
• Proficient in MS word, excel, power point.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong Analytical/Numerical ability.
• Good interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and Self Starter
• Should have worked on data upload / migration activity in Dynamics AX / Dynamics 365
for Finance & Operations
To qualify for the role you must have
BCom or equivalent with 2-3 years of experience in direct tax.
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.