USA - Assurance - Forensic & Integrity Services - Investigations & Compliance - Intern - Winter 20241398799CA-Los Angeles, CA-San Francisco, FL-Miami, GA-Atlanta, NC-Charlotte, NJ-Iselin, NY-New York, TX-Dallas, TX-Houston
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY offers a variety of career paths and opportunities, and with so many options, we understand it can be hard to choose. To have the best candidate experience, we encourage you to apply to no more than 2 positions within a 6-month period.
To learn more about career opportunities, visit Careers at EY (https://www.ey.com/en_us/careers). Prior to completing your application, please be diligent in reviewing the job description to ensure you meet the qualifications for the position.
If we are unable to consider you for this particular position, a recruiter may contact you to gauge your interest in other opportunities at EY.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and, in the future, – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits.
Assurance – Forensic & Integrity Services – Investigations & Compliance – Intern
The EY Forensic & Integrity Services practice advises corporations on complex business matters that require investigative work and analysis by our team using industry knowledge and the latest technology tools. We service clients from various industries including financial services, media & entertainment, real estate & construction, consumer goods, pharmaceutical and others. And as part of our team, you will be on the cutting edge of current trends in fraud and forensic investigations, as well as being at the heart of serving as a quality-focused liaison between our clients and the law.
With approximately 4,500 forensic professionals around the world, EY has the ability to assemble the right multidisciplinary and culturally aligned team to work with clients and their legal advisors. EY works to give clients the beneﬁt of our broad sector experience, providing deep subject-matter knowledge and the latest insights from our work worldwide.
As a member of a team of multidisciplinary professionals, you would assist in a number of tasks including forensic accounting, financial and securities regulation, electronic discovery, risk management and investigating situations where clients detect a problem.
Because our team is an industry leader and highly visible in the marketplace, this is your chance to accelerate your career by joining our team at EY.
You will be working on projects that make headlines, are challenging and have an impact on the world, at times requiring you to balance your time among multiple projects and responsibilities, supporting your team across the board. It’s all about using your research and analytical skills to help execute investigations, so our clients will look directly to you to translate complex business information into well-presented and easily understood recommendations. As part of that, you’ll need to develop collaborative skills, along with the confidence to nurture relationships with our clients.
There is no typical day in the EY Forensic & Integrity Services practice. You’ll primarily work on client projects, often helping with executing confidential investigations, looking at documents and transactions (for financial investigations) or source information, and working with seniors and managers to help report on the analysis. As part of that, you’ll need to have a critical eye and be detail-oriented in your review, as you’ll be the first line of defense going through documents, transactions and information to flag important details for seniors’ review.
Your key responsibilities
- Serving on multiple client engagement teams that assist in performing fraud and forensic investigations, expert witness services, and financial and economic analyses
- Maintaining a strong client focus and developing productive working relationships with clients by creating work products that document the engagement procedures
- Utilizing technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery
- Supporting colleagues and valuing others’ contributions through teamwork, integrity and leadership, as well as bringing potential opportunities to the team’s attention
- Operating effectively in a regulated environment
- Opportunity to work on a variety of our forensics offerings (Insurance & Federal Claims Services, Disputes, Government Contract Services, Investigations & Compliance, Financial Services or Life Sciences) all of which will give you the opportunity to learn, grow and develop into a well-rounded Forensics professional
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Have or be working toward, a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or dual degrees in Accounting/Finance, Accounting/Economics, Accounting/MIS or similar majors with sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification upon passing the examination
- Passed, or be actively preparing to pass, the CPA examination
- Superior project management, interpersonal, communication, teaming, organizational and technology skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Access to reliable transportation to/from the EY office and client sites. A driver’s license is strongly recommended as ride share and public transportation options may not be available in all locations.
- A valid passport
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in person.
EY complies with all local laws and regulations. You can find more information here.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at Customer Support.