EY Law - ITTS Transaction Tax - 2022 Summer Law Student546743CAN-Calgary
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
EY Law LLP is a Canadian law firm, affiliated with Ernst & Young LLP “EY” in Canada. At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
EY Law LLP is a member of EY's global alliance of independent law firms, which cooperate with our offices worldwide to provide our clients with integrated, quality service. Our award-winning tax planning, counsel, and litigation teams offer a powerful combination of legal knowledge, experience, and national presence to help our clients successfully navigate the complexities of Canada’s tax laws. Our team has been ranked among Canada’s best, and a number of our lawyers are widely regarded as leading practitioners and authorities in various areas of income tax law, tax litigation, customs and excise, and international trade law.
We are currently accepting applications for summer student positions to support EY Law’s rapidly growing tax advisory and tax litigation practices in our Calgary office. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work on top-tier teams specializing in corporate income tax planning and transaction support, international tax advisory, tax litigation and controversy, indirect tax advisory and private company, and high net worth tax planning.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and collaborate inclusively to build safety and trust.
- You are a strong team player who supports their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development.
- Be in your second year of completing the Juris Doctor (JD) Program
- Superior academic credentials
- Have advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong interest in tax
- Possess strong research skills
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- We are currently accepting second year (2L) Summer Law Student applications for our Tax group for May 2022.
- To apply, please create a profile, and submit your most recent cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts as one single PDF document.
- Within a week of submitting your PDF application, you will be provided with a link to complete the video component of your application. You will be given 48 hours to complete this video.
Find out why time and again we're recognized as one of Canada's top employers. To learn more about career opportunities with us, visit us at ey.com/careers.
EY is committed to diversity and equity. Make your mark. Apply today!