Consultant Climate Change and Sustainability Services666601NLD-Amsterdam, NLD-Eindhoven, NLD-Groningen, NLD-Rotterdam, NLD-Utrecht
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Today, societies demand greater responsibility from the organizations that they work for, buy from and invest in. Organizations that effectively anchor their approach to long-term value with an authentic purpose are best positioned to measure, to demonstrate and to benefit from the value they create. The Climate Change & Sustainability Services Department helps clients to identify, measure and report on the non-financial performance metrics which are most relevant to their businesses.
This role will place you at the heart of a high-energy, agile EY Climate Change and Sustainability Services team that is committed to helping clients build long-term value. This opportunity will enable you to work with leading organizations at a senior level and interact with EY colleagues globally and across service lines. There will also be ample opportunities to work across different areas within the wider team.
Your key responsibilities
- Helping clients improve their sustainability in the long-term by driving the development of intangible value drivers such as talent, innovation, corporate governance and the creation of societal value;
- Advising clients on insights and strategies related to decarbonisation and the energy transition, including climate change risk, (climate) impact measurement and management, EHS risk and compliance, and responsible investment;
- Helping clients better understand, measure, quantify and articulate the (long-term) value they create for investors and other stakeholders.
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for individuals from varied backgrounds that are in the early years of their career with preferably a maximum of 2 years working experience.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in a relevant discipline, for example engineering, sustainable development, environmental science, chemistry or finance and economics
- Understanding of key sustainability issues and trends and how they link to business value;
- Strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to solve new problems, strong interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to learn and quickly understand new concepts outside your area of expertise, ability to think strategically, but also identify, develop and implement practical solutions.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience with working on complex projects that require knowledge of business strategy and sustainability strategy, working and effectively communicating with team members with different technical backgrounds;
- Exposure to financial and non-financial reporting and/or regulatory reporting, exposure to finance functions at corporate institutions – e.g. strategy, policy, procedures and controls, or an understanding of the policies, procedures and controls needed to support non-financial reporting.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - External
What we look for
- Fluency in both Dutch and English
- Ability to network effectively and build relationships with colleagues and clients!
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. At EY, your competencies and your areas of interest will determine your future, plus we offer you:
- Continuous support and coaching from a peer group with expert knowledge
- Opportunities to develop new skills and scope your own career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Information about the selection process
- This requisition will be opened until January 31st. All candidates will receive feedback on their application on February 2nd.
- Suitable candidates will be asked to finish an online assessment between February 2nd and February 8th.
- First interviews will take place on the 9th, 10th and 11th of February.
- Second interviews will take place between February 18th and February 25th.
- In consultation, selected candidates will be offered to start on the 1st of April.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
An (online) assessment and a pre employment screening are part of the application procedure.
Due to laws and regulations, and because EY (and in some cases its clients) has high demands on the reliability and integrity of its employees, every new employee will be screened. Depending on your rank the pre employment screening could contain the following: Certificate of Conduct (in Dutch: VOG) or - if requesting a Dutch VOG is not possible - Criminal Background Check of the country you are currently living or have lived during the last five years, integrity questionnaire, verification of ID, diploma’s and/or work experience and consultation of the Dutch insolvency registry.