Junior Payroll Consultant Diegem (Sector focus: Industries)1456887BEL-Antwerpen / Berchem, BEL-Diegem, BEL-Diegem
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
The payroll operate team provides full operational support for either a specific executive group or the whole organization. Our reliable, confidential services include salary payment preparation, tax and social security compliance, payroll accounting and reporting, data entry checking and controls and monthly data processing.
If you love working with numbers, you are very accurate and you want to help your clients in the best way possible, than you are the Payroll Consultant we are looking for. You will be part of our truly multidisciplinary team of payroll experts. You will be assisting in running monthly payrolls for our multinational clients to make sure their employees get paid in due time. You will learn how to perform the following tasks:
- Running a monthly payroll;
- Using excel in an efficient way;
- Working in a team of experts;
- Preparing answers to clients’ payroll questions;
- Learning on the job;
- Understand what the difference is between regular and shadow payrolls;
- Assist in the start-up of new payroll clients;
Our People Advisory Services department is currently looking for Junior Payroll Consultant to join our Payroll Operate team in Antwerp or Diegem.
Your will learn the following key responsibilities
- You are part of a team that will assist international clients with their (multi-country) employment set-up, coordination, implementation and delivery of Belgian payroll services;
- How to ensure accurate monthly payroll processing;
- You will develop a strong knowledge of the payroll software;
- You will prepare the day-to-day deliverables to your clients, and learn how to apply in-depth knowledge of your files;
- You will learn how to deliver work in accordance with legal deadlines;
- You will report to the Senior Consultant or payroll Manager.
To qualify for the role
- You are a Master's or Bachelor's student in Human Resources, Economics, Legal Practice or Accountancy;
- You have an affinity with Payroll and you feel excited to kickstart your career in Payroll
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch and English (French is a plus);
- You are a motivated person and a team player;
- You have interest in working in an international environment;
- You have a sense of accuracy and you are result oriented;
- You have a practical and hands-on attitude.
What working at EY offers
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you.
- Attractive remuneration package - We offer an attractive remuneration package; including a company car and fuel card, iPhone plus subscription, health insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers and eco vouchers.
- Personal growth: We offer you a clear career path with the possibility to progress each year. You will receive numerous trainings and will be coached by a counselor.
- We focus on well-being by creating a positive team atmosphere where working, learning and caring go hand in hand. We do this by facilitating the organizations of various teambuilding and afterwork activities.
- Inspiring work environment: You will broaden your horizons by working with teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and cultural.
- Sustainability: EY Belgium is keen to make the mobility of its 2,500 employees greener and greener. We have a fleet of hybrid and electric cars. Our flex plan makes it possible for to choose the most sustainable option for you. You can also opt for a train subscription or lease a bike. Furthermore, we are currently preparing to move to our brand new sustainable office ‘the Wings’, right across our current office in Diegem;
- Diversity & inclusion - At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
- Location - all of our offices are easily accessible by public transport and/or by car and have parking space. They all have parking spaces and charging stations are provided.
EY Belgium has been elected as the Best Workplace 2023. Over the years, we evolved from the 9th to the 7th to the 4th to the 3rd place last year, to end first this year. Furthermore, we also won the HR Excellence Award 2023. We are proud that we’ve built a workplace where people can flourish, develop and be happy. At EY you will be empowered to take responsibility and encouraged to seize opportunities to grow your expertise and your career.
Let’s build your exceptional EY experience. Apply now.