Internship Audit - Brussels - February 2024 (Sector Focus: Industries)1406120BEL-Diegem
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
As an audit intern at EY, your main aim will be to provide independent verification of our clients' compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protecting financial markets.
Our audit teams work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies, as well as with family-owned businesses and startups active in a variety of industries (included but not limited to automotive, government and public sector, consumer products, media and entertainment, oil and gas, power and utilities and technology).
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- You will mainly contribute to the final audit phase, which is focused on the audit of accounting and financial reporting information;
- You will analyze financial statements using our audit methodology and the information gained during the interim audit phase;
- You will collect information in order to make an informed decision about the validity of financial statement accounts, such as accounts receivable, cash & banks, fixed assets, revenue, expenditures, etc;
- You will also perform inventory stock counts to validate inventory quantities.
To qualify for the role you must have
We recruit and develop interns with intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills and creativity, and attention to detail that allow us to look beyond the numbers and help our clients to address complex problems. More concretely, we are looking for the following profiles:
- You are a last year master student in (Applied) Economics, Business Engineering or Commercial Sciences;
- You are available to start in January/February 2024 and your university can provide an internship convention. If you want to apply for another period, mention this in your cover letter;
- You are a born team player, critical, curious and results-oriented;
- You are fluent in Dutch and have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English.
What working at EY offers
- You will join a young, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
- We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- We will support you to “learn on the job” from more experienced professionals in our team, who take on a coaching and mentoring role;
- The possibility to stay at EY (permanent contract) after a positive evaluation;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a work-life balance;
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.