Internship Data & Analytics: Deep reinforcement learning for stock market prediction - Brussels 2022529422BEL-Diegem
EY Belgium Data Science & AI team designs and implements AI-solutions for various business sectors with a focus on Financial Services. We are currently looking for capable and motivated (post)graduate students who are passionate about emerging topics of artificial intelligence and machine learning to join us for a 3-6 month internship.
About the internship opportunity
There is no proper prediction model for stock prices. But with the surge of (Deep) Reinforcement learning, there is hope for better prediction. And this is what this internship is all about: how can we predict stock market prices using reinforcement learning? You will apply the concepts of (deep) reinforcement learning to the stock price prediction for a specific stock, working in an agent-based system to predict higher returns based on the current environment and report on the predicted stock price with a real-time dashboarding system to highlight how the agent influence the return.
Who are we looking for?
- You are strongly motivated to become an excellent data scientist
- You are on-track for a master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related fields.
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty, and your coding skills are on point whether it’s in Java, Python, R, SAS, SPSS etc.
- You love picking your brain to apply data science methods to solve business problems
- You have strong communication and presentation skills and can’t wait to take full ownership of this project to overcome the stock prediction challenge
- You are ready to work independently and collaborate effectively as part of a team of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Academic Partners.
What's in it for you?
- You will join a team of passionate experts who deploy cutting-edge AI and analytics solutions, within a leading, global professional services firm
- You will join a growing Data Science & Artificial Intelligence practice, moved with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You will receive coaching and guidance, both on technical matters and soft skills and project management, and access to state of the art technologies.
- You will learn on the job daily from more experienced professionals in our team
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Consulting, Tax, Strategy and Assurance.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.