Junior Consultant, Risk Management Group, Consulting Department1032442AZE-Baku
Junior Consultant, Risk Management Group, Consulting Department
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We invite you to join our Risk Management team and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. Starting a career with EY is your opportunity to receive early responsibility, support and training as you set out to achieve your career ambitions. You will receive exposure to some of our largest clients and projects both locally and globally. You’ll also receive guidance on how to help them manage risks, address issues and capitalize on opportunities.
We are currently seeking highly motivated team member to join our Consulting practice which is a leading provider of quantitative advisory and risk management services to the banking sector and large corporates. Our services include, among others, supporting our clients in development and validation of mathematical, statistical and machine learning models, risk measurement and data management. You will be part of a team of highly skilled professionals participating in challenging projects for leading international banking groups as well as financial institutions in Azerbaijan. Working in this creative environment, you will be given the opportunity to take responsibility and build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers. You can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations and build the skillsets and growth mindsets to become the leader you want to be.
Your key responsibilities
As part of the team, you'll technically and quantitatively contribute to Risk Management engagements. You will work effectively as a team member sharing the responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating engagement senior team members on progress. You’ll also contribute in building valuable relationships with external clients and maintain close working relationship with internal peers. In addition, you'll contribute to presentations and provide support to the development of proposals.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates with strong quantitative and analytical skills. Specifically, we are looking for entry level position individuals with below stated characteristics and skills set:
- High level of motivation and drive to start a career in professional services
- Strong interest in economic and financial data analysis, applied statistics and machine learning and desire to develop and integrate quantitative skills within a required scope of designing and implementing business services
- Strong academic background (especially a degree in quantitative area such as in Quantitative Finance, Computational Finance, Computer Science, Statistics, (Applied) Mathematics, Physics, Engineering are preferred). Master’s degree in a quantitative area is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics and probability theory
- Excellent written and verbal knowledge of Azerbaijani, English and Russian
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Good knowledge of Excel is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as R, Python or SQL is a strong advantage
- Ability to quickly adapt to new environment and work in different teams
- Strong presentation, communication and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Risk management, Internal Controls or Compliance is a strong advantage
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, a minimum of three weeks of vacation, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
The deadline for submission of applications is 7 July, 2022.