Junior Transfer Pricing Consultant - Brussels (sector focus: Financial Services)716881BEL-Diegem
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice. Our professionals are working across borders for clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management.
Our Tax & Legal practice for financial services in Belgium is growing fast, and our team members are dealing with the most diverse tax and legal matters. We have a large client base and we offer tax services to a significant number of top financial institutions, both in Belgium and abroad. At this moment, we are looking for a Junior Transfer Pricing Consultant to join our Tax team.
The matters we cover
We provide technical tax advice and managed services to financial institutions and end users in the following areas:
- Business Tax Services, such as corporate tax, transaction tax ( M&A, …)
- Customers tax transparency measures: FATCA, QI & CRS
- Indirect Taxes such as VAT & IPT (Insurance Premium Tax)
- International Tax Services and Transfer Pricing
- Operational Taxes (Withholding Taxes, Financial Transaction Taxes, Tax & Stock Exchange Trading).
- Tax Technology and Transformation services (net asset tax and withholding tax automatic calculation and reporting, breakdown reporting for funds and investors)
Your key responsibilities
- Prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's economic situation and arrive at logical conclusions
- Participate in development of complex valuation models and tools.
- Assist in the review and design of transfer pricing policies, including transfer pricing documentation/compliance;
- Provide support in tax audits and litigation together with the Transfer Pricing team;
- Provide assistance with respect to tax ruling requests and advance pricing agreements (“APA”) together with the Transfer Pricing team;
- Attend meetings on an international level with key-decision makers, to discuss the clients' business and tax needs;
- Participate in and contribute to attaining team goals
Who are we looking for?
- Master degree in Applied Economics, Business or Commercial Engineering, Commercial Science, combined with an advanced degree in Tax (postgraduate, extended master, …)
- Fluency in Dutch and French, with proficient level of business English
- Good communication skills, being curious and innovative
- Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
- Client and market focused with a hands-on attitude
- Interested to obtain the ITAA or CFA certification
- Available to start end of August 2022
What's in it for you?
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Advisory, Tax, Transactions and Assurance.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.