Junior Legal Consultant - Brussels (sector focus: Financial Services)373022BEL-Diegem
Our Legal & Regulatory practice for financial services is growing fast, and our team members are working across borders, dealing with the most diverse legal and regulatory matters. We have a large client base and we offer our services to a significant number of top financial institutions, both in Belgium and abroad. The Legal & Regulatory team for financial services provides legal advice to a broad number of institutions in the financial sector such as banks, insurance companies and asset managers, as well as to end users, whether as issuer/borrower or as investor.
We cover a broad spectrum of legal issues, working for clients mostly active in banking, asset management and insurance:
- Business and commercial law
- Issues related to MiFID, IDD, Solvency & Assur-MiFID
- Data protection related issues
- Anti-money laundering law
- Market abuse
- Sanctions compliance
- Asset management
- Sustainable finance
- Business transfers, mergers & acquisitions
- Legal, Regulatory & compliance due diligences
Your key responsibilities
- You perform in-depth research on specific topics and prepare concise, crystal clear and to the point memo’s
- You assist clients with developing adequate structures and control frameworks to ensure regulatory compliance with existing and new regulations
- You have the opportunity of working together with a multidisciplinary team on large-scale projects such as AML, data protection and MiFID II related issues, …
- You provide competent technical regulatory advice to our clients in financial institutions.
- You identify legal requirements, and implement them in distribution models, service models, processes and business operations.
- You act as a team member, collaborate with your colleagues, and update more senior team members on progress
- You display maturity and the ability to function independently in our professional dealings.
Who are we looking for?
- A Master’s Degree in (Belgian) law
- Interest in/affinity with financial law, insurance law, or company law, with the willingness to learn further in that direction
- Fluency in Dutch and/or French, with proficient level of business English
- Good communication skills
- Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
What’s in it for you?
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities.
While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Consulting, Tax, Strategy and Assurance.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.